I don’t think I have ever been so busy in my entire life. Right now, all I am sustaining myself on is Thai Village and Salt Creek Grille on the office account.. not much home cooked food for me.
Anyway, I worked from home this Monday to recover from the blisters. I don’t know why but whenever I work from home all day, I get inspired to bake. Also, I broke an egg while making myself breakfast earlier and wanted to use the two forlorn looking remainin eggs that had been hanging around for a few weeks. Hence, this Monday it was a simple chocolate cake to take care of my multiple needs.
EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1cup whole wheat flour + 1/4 cup all purpose flour (thought I’d make it a little healthier :-))
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup baking Splenda and 1/4 cup organic raw cane sugar)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil (any flavorless oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 inch round cake tin.
3. Mix the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
4. Add the milk, oil and eggs slowly while beating at a slow speed with a hand mixer. You could also mix everything with a spatula.
5. Finally add the walnuts and mix them in lightly.
6. Pour the batter into the greased baking tin (top with more walnuts to make it look pretty) and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes clean (about 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven).
7. The cake is ready to be sliced and served.
(By the way, I sliced the cake as I wanted to eat it before it cooled completely , and then remembered to photograph it. Also, it sadly cracked on top 😦 )